Carer - Pontefract
Full-time, Part-time, Temporary contract
Part-time hours: 32.75 per week
£10.42 per hour
Working within our care home, staff will be required to:
- To provide care in accordance with best practice and legislative requirements, reflecting policies and procedures and agreed standards under the direction of the Senior Carer/Nurse
- To support and enable service users to maintain skills and personal interests while delivering person-centred care unique to each individual
- To maintain skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as required, from time-to-time, to maintain and progress knowledge
- Accurately completed paperwork
- Maintain professional standards at all times
- Work effectively on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Work within our equal opportunities framework
- ACS support adults and older people with; physical disabilities, sensory impairments, mild to moderate dementia, learning disabilities and mild to moderate mental health problems.
Role Specific Duties:
The Carer's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that service users are at the heart of care delivery and their wishes and preferences are taken into consideration to enhance their wellbeing.
- To contribute to the efficient running of the service
- Support service users to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community
- Ensure care plans and other information about how to support service users are followed.
- Be responsible for information about how to support service users are followed.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support.
- Working with others:
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees within the service
- Work in cooperation with members of the multidisciplinary teams to maximise opportunities for service users
- If desired by the service user, maintain and develop relationships with their family, friends and other people important in their life.
Leading by example:
Other duties and responsibilities to be undertaken may include any (or all) of the items in the following list:
Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
Be a role model for other carers and be an ambassador for the service
Be professional, polite, and reasonable at all times
Personal and Professional Development:
Have a knowledge of, and work within, the Fundamental standards
Understand the regulatory framework that governs the service, including the role of the CQC and its requirements
Commit to achieving the relevant qualifications commensurate with the role
Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by management
Understand and follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role
Be open to learning opportunities
Experience required-6 months experience required in Home Care Sector
Free or subsidised travel
Monday to Friday
Care home Shift:
12 hour shift
Work Location: In person